Book and CD Highlights
- Contains over 200 clawhammer banjo arrangements that were created to accompany many of the most popular fiddle tunes.
- All tunes are shown in a simple banjo tablature format that is explained in the book. All tunes display the associated guitar chords.
- Most tunes are referenced to a particular recording source listed in the discography.
- In addition to the tunes, there is valuable instructional material for developing banjo players in the form of scales and exercises contained in the Appendix.
- There are many photos and drawings of well known musicians and their biographies.
- A complete index, discography, bibliography and list of websites to explore.
- The CD created to accompany this book contains all 200 tunes, with variations as indicated, plus all the scales and exercises in the Appendix. Because there is over 3 hours of recorded material, the disc was recorded in MP3 audio format. They were recorded at a moderate speed to facilitate learning. All tunes were recorded, by me, in a home studio using two microphones and a Vega Whyte Laydie banjo.
NOTE: There is a correction page available here for page A-35 in the book.
CD Tune List ...
Table of Contents ...
Tablature copy of Stay All Night
Audio version of Stay All Night
from the CD ...
Tablature copy of Needle Case (D)
Audio version of Needle Case
from the CD ...
From the July 2010 issue of the Banjo Newsletter,
Vol. XXXVII, No. 9, by Bob Buckingham.....
From the Oct/Nov 2010 issue of the Old Time Herald,
Vol. 12, No. 7, by Hilary Dirlam ...
available from: email@example.com